This Job Opening is for roster purposes.
We have opportunities open for Lead Auditor and Auditor for the Ontario College Quality Assurance Service (OCQAS) College Quality Assurance Accreditation Process (CQAAP).
Lead Auditor (English): CQAAP-LA-EN
Lead Auditor (French): PAMAQC-LA-FR
Auditor (English): CQAAP-A-EN
Auditor (French): PAMAQC-A-FR
Closing Date for Application: Ongoing
The Ontario College Quality Assurance Service (OCQAS) was established to provide efficient tools that ensure quality standards are met by the Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology in Ontario. Our College Quality Assurance Accreditation Process (CQAAP), were developed to ensure quality and continuous improvement in Ontario’s colleges.
The CQAAP is an institutional level process that involves the regular and cyclical review of each college’s quality assurance processes and it provides the standards for these processes. Its purpose is developmental and its intent is to ensure continual improvement. Each external audit of a college’s processes culminates in a report documenting the degree to which their processes conform to the standards which define exemplary quality assurance processes, and in recommendations aimed at improvement and enhanced consistency with the standards.
These are contract positions reporting to the Executive Director of the OCQAS that take place during the fall/ and or spring of every year. During this period, the lead auditor/ auditor will be working amongst a team in order to conduct academic quality audits across a maximum of five (5) of the province’s 24 colleges of applied arts and technology in Ontario.
Specifically, the incumbent will be responsible to:
- Understand and comply with applicable policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Lead and/or participate in a cross-functional team to support audit goals.
- Review documentation received for completeness.
- Communicate with college members. (Lead Auditors are expected to have a predominant role regarding this responsibility).
- Conduct audits: Validate quality processes by evaluating policies, practices and procedures against quality standards; reviewing evidence; interviewing college members.
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information. (Lead Auditors are expected to have a predominant role regarding this responsibility).
Refer to the Orientation Manual for a complete overview of the process and to further understand the role, responsibilities and duties of the auditor.
Position Accountability / Scope:
- Work with limited direction; independently recommend approaches to address quality objectives.
- Identify and quantify risks and their consequences.
- Be clear and concise.
- Make recommendations that would result in achieving critical organizational objectives. (Lead Auditors are expected to have a predominant role regarding this responsibility).
- Recent experience in the Post-Secondary Education sector as a senior administrator and/or a position that collaborated with units and/or areas across the institution.
- Strong knowledge of policies, procedures and practices in the Post-Secondary Education sector.
- Ability to collect and verify audit evidence.
- Ability to compose findings and conclusions (information analysis and synthesis).
- Strong report writing skills.
- Ability to form and develop interpersonal, professional relationships.
- Ability to work independently and in groups (collaborative work).
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- General knowledge of Ontario’s colleges of applied arts and technology.
- Auditing experience.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of educational situations and environments. Demonstrated initiative.
Reports To: Executive Director of the Ontario College Quality Assurance Service (OCQAS).
Job Type: Contract.
Positions to be filled:
- English Lead Auditor positions;
- French Lead Auditor positions;
- English Auditor positions;
- French Auditor positions.
Notes: Location: Ontario (various college’s).
Travel: Yes (all expenses paid by OCQAS).
Division/Department: College Quality Assurance Accreditation Process (CQAAP).
Lead Auditor: $2 500.00 per audit.
Auditor: $1 500.00 per audit
We thank all applicants for their interest in these positions.
All candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to OCQAS sending their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the Job ID must be included in the e-mail subject and cover letter upon application.
All successful applicants will be invited to participate in an auditor training session.